Kulturportal Lund

Lunds historia och kulturarv

Lunds historia och kulturarv

KL2017_1128-112812_IMG_20171128_112812
KL2017_1123-084548__3008494-HDR
KL2017_0724-153214__3005454
KL2017_0705-193040__3004997

The Drotten Church ruin museum

The church ruin of Saint Drotten probably dates from 1050. It was an odd shaped 50 m. long building and probably the church of the bishop. The remains of the medieval stone church were found during excavation work in the 1970s and 80s. During excavations, traces of an old wooden church were also found. It […]

A short history of Lund

Hogenberg

The archaeological excavations have made it possible to date the founding of Lund to around 990 A.D. during the reign of the Danish king Sweyn Forkbeard. A mint was established in 1019 by his son Canute the Great, thus confirming the importance of the new city. Archdiocese 1103 A.D. Already in 1060 an English chaplain, […]

Nytt på portalen

Liberiet

Lib 01

Liberiet was built during the 15th century and served as the cathedral library during the Middle Ages. Its name comes from the Danish word “liberi”, meaning collection of books or library, which in turn can be traced to the Latin word for book, “liber”. This is the only building that still remains today out of […]

Publicerad 11 August, 2019

Kulturen – The Museum of Cultural History in Lund

Kulturen

It started at Midsummer 1882, when some students in Lund decided to found the Association for the Cultural History of Southern Sweden. The central figure in this group of enthusiasts, whose first interest was rural dialects, was Georg J:son Karlin, the son of a clergyman from Huaröd, in the middle of Skåne (Scania). In the […]

Publicerad 5 October, 2015

Kristallen (The Crystal) – an environmentally smart building

Kristallen

The municipal building, Kristallen, situated on the west side of the railway, north of Lund Central Station, was inaugurated in April 2014. Parts of the social administration as well as the city planning office, technical administration and environmental administration now occupy the building. With 11,000 square metres of office space, the new building can accommodate […]

Publicerad 22 April, 2015

Axplock

Liberiet

Lib 01

Liberiet was built during the 15th century and served as the cathedral library during the Middle Ages. Its name comes from the Danish word “liberi”, meaning collection of books or library, which in turn can be traced to the Latin word for book, “liber”. This is the only building that still remains today out of […]

Lund City Hall

Stadshallen

Lund City Hall is situated in the main square, Stortorget, in the centre of Lund. It was designed by architect Klas Anshelm and built in 1968. The building is internationally acclaimed for its design and visited annually by architectural students from all over the world. Lund City Hall is the venue for concerts, lectures, seminars, […]

The Rune Stone Mound

Runhogen

In conjunction with the 200th anniversary of the Association of Skåne Antiquities in 1868, six rune stones were donated to the University. The stones originate from various sites in Skåne: Gårdstånga, Nöbblöv, Skivarp, Vallberg and Vallkärra. The rune stones are located on a small mound in front of the Palaestra et Odeum building. All are […]

Populära ämnen